Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 20 - Keady Market

So today we got up early and both sets of my Uncles and their spouses + children took me and Miranda into the middle of nowhere... We drove for fourty minutes through straight farmland much like the ones we've seen before but with many more hills until we hit one with about a thousand cars in it... Next to the biggest farmers market Ive ever seen, it was pretty neat. So we hung around there for a couple hours and my relatives bought some neat stuff and I bought a Shaved Ice and what-not. Then we went to this small (compared to the other one we went to) art gallery only displaying Tom Thompsons art as well as a mans water-color from India or someplace which were also quite cool. Then we walkd down the main street in Owen Sound, and I ruined one of my favourite shirts >:( and bought new pin-striped jeans :P I also bought a large Tim Hortons Iced Capp which is quite a bit bigger then I remembered. Oh I guess thats something none of you know about me, other then candy Iced Capps and Frapacinos are another thing I am severly addicted to. We also went to the house that Billy Bishop was born in ! (He shot down the Red Barron from World War 1) then we went back and swam again. :P

But that night was the coolest part. The most amazing thing Ive seen all summer and possibly in my life was the giant heat-thunder cloud over lake Huron around eleven or so last night. There were flashes but with this kind there is no lightning, and it was really close so it lit up the whole sky when it flashed but you couldnt see anything when it didnt so these massive clouds were exosed only when it flashed and you could see the different thickness' of clouds because the flashes were inside the clouds and would shoot light out of it! :D Coolest thing ever. I got a video too, but I doubt I will be able to post it so maybe I will try to extract some still frames from it to show you when I have time. Conrad Out!

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty sweet! A couple days ago we had rain...and clouds and some thunder and lightening...but it doesn't seem that extravigant compared to yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you coming back? sarah is Leaving and Maegan! I thought we could hang out...BUT I AM LEAVING TOO!

    ReplyDelete