Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 11 – Strathmore?

So I’m not exactly sure where we are going to camp to day but our next tourist destination is Niagara Falls less then three hundred kilometres away which I believe we hope to cover today as it is currently 4:15. We just crossed the border into Canada and its quite humorous when you compare crossing into Canada to the other way around, it was almost sad as the lady actually was yawning when we told her our story and waved us through after briefly looking over our passports, don’t think she even saw me. K It was a good thing in our case though as it turns out there was a bit of a mix-up with my Uncles passport…He has his co-workers, and not his own… Surprises me they didn’t catch that when we entered the States though…


So other then hobbling around like an idiot this morning (I cut a huge gash into my foot last night in the pool that’s been bleeding like no tomorrow) and getting up at four in the morning your time it’s been a bit of a boring day, almost boring enough to write a fly vanquishing story….Oh wait already did that. So there really is nothing to do. Oh but I’m officially a fan of Panic At The Disco as I listened to “A Fever You Cant Sweat Out” ten times over front to back in a day for two or more days this trip and bought their album “Pretty Odd” today. Still haven’t found the new Showbread album in any of the twenty Wal-Marts I’ve checked in this trip though unfortunately (Not that any of you care). I guess its worth mentioning that we stop in a Wal-Mart every second day and have the last three days in a row for groceries and whatever else we may need (everybody likes fresh food here). Maybe I’ll write a first chapter of a book (sounds like a novel idea to me). Or maybe I’ll just keep rambling on and making terrible jokes for another three hours? Oh wait I only have 1 hour and 25 minutes left of battery power on this thing....Fun Fun.


OH and my cousin Jackson and I finished watching Jurassic Park 3 just as we pulled into the last Wal-Mart before we crossed which was cool so the drive wasn’t too boring this afternoon.


CONT. We ended up staying in a small fairly empty campground right next door from a KOA (Which are the most amazing campgrounds of all time with picture perfect campers *the other campers you see are ALWAYS happy*) which this time was not full but because it was in Niagara it was super expensive and we planned on staying two nights so we could see the falls the next day. So we ended up in this one which is too bad because I was quite excited to stay at the KOA after seeing some of the “residents”. Little did we know we were staying in the slums of Niagara; across the street from the campsite there is a massive thirty foot long sign with a couple hundred small fluorescent lights screaming “SEDUCTIONS” (the building is about as long as our school!) with “Girls Girls Girls!” blinking just as big on the side of the building which happens to be about as bright as the signs on “The Sundowner” “Gentleman’s” club next door with others like it lined up down the street. It’s a good thing the R.V. is angled the way it is and far enough away that the lights don’t keep me up because they are visible from every site on the grounds.


As I went to the main office yesterday I glanced across after a yelp echoed across the street between the steady bass beat reverberating from the club to witness a bouncer roughing someone up. There are also cops coming by and parking in the lot for hours out front of Seductions. Says something about rest of the campers in this place… Even though the lady said she doesn’t take Stag parties on the campgrounds there are definitely a lot of older single men around. There are other things about this place that aren’t so appealing either like the shifty stores and loud train blaring by (happened at least twice last night) every now and then, anyways I’d just like to state that Niagara ain’t so pretty away from the falls.

4 comments:

  1. dumbbutt,
    its PANIC! at the disco.
    you forgot the exclamtion point.
    didja know that the lead singer left? yep. ill fill you in on the dirty details when you come back,

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU child are deeply misinformed as Panic! at the disco was changed to Panic at the disco without the exclamtion point a few albums ago. And New Perspectives comes out it four days which I am defs buying, and yes I knew about the lead leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait! No they have changed their name back due to the two members leaving and I thought it was an album but is really just their new single... :'( AND SHOWBREADS ALBUM COMES OUT ON THE 11th!!!! GRR

    ReplyDelete
  4. The excamation point was a typo. Don't know how, but apparently it was. The lead singer and the Drummer are staying with the band. Its the other two that are leaving. Conrad, you totally could have just borrowed my cds.

    ReplyDelete