Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 9 – ATTACK!

As G crept up on my Opa I swung with fire in my eyes and the intent to harm but he noticed at the last second and dove across the room. Moments later I unbuckled and followed in pursuit sending three quick strokes in rapid succession but he jumped right. Anticipating his next move I parried left but he dove to the floor and rolled up behind me. {“Young and fit” is how my Oma described him and those two features were exactly what made him such a formidable foe.} I spun and sent a mighty knee-capping swing at him but he was nimble and dodged with ease. But he didn’t see my next move coming as I went for those shifty eyes after faking left. Although again he emerged from the blow seemingly unscathed so I sent him a mighty blow to the head and he tripped backwards onto the oven grate and as he did I imagined the pop and sizzle of his brains upon contact with great joy but the oven was off and he fell silent upon the metal rods. I had lost visual but by the way he fell I assumed I had proved my point. But like his forefathers young Germainius [GER-MAIN-E-US] the third would fight on until his final breath and dove at me as I sat back down in my seat making contact with my hood. So I flicked out my hoodie and watched him soar valiantly to his death near the trash can behind me.


-My epic battle with a fly in the R.V. It pretty much sums up the accomplishments of my day.


Oh and we had to stop a couple times because the cord that goes from the trailer to the truck that controls the brakes, brake lights, and fridge power of my uncles trailer had not been plugged back in to the truck in the morning so it dragged for a couple hours and got wrecked…So we had to go to a couple dealerships and got it replaced. We are now on our way through Wisconsin after passing through Minnesota after staying there last night. 10 hour drive…Awesome.


CONT. It is now about twelve and we have found a campground that had spots for us here in Wisconsin but the people didn’t exactly recommend it and although the place itself is amazing and there are tons of young people (many of whom I met) + lots of pretty sights *cough* *cough* there are also lots of people who have summer home permanent mobiles here…and they all own and ride golf carts around…after having one too many drinks…


Side note: There has not been one place we have gone to here in the U.S. where I haven’t run into a hardcore stereotypical hick or redneck and morbidly obese are following in numbers close behind…or would that be rolling in numbers close behind?? (sorry bad joke). Proof of which would be when I was walking to the washrooms and met three guys between the ages of 13 and 15 who were talking to the head park ranger and I overheard something about pursing lips or whatever so I figured they were talking about kissing or something (I don’t know) but shortly after realized that the head ranger was discussing with them proper methods to chew and spit chewing tobacco. They were all pretty cool guys and all but wow.

Song Of The Day
There's A Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey,
You Just Haven't Thought Of It Yet

By:Panic At The Disco
Lyrics :

4 comments:

  1. the song of the day is also known as the cancer song

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conrad..you are so.. brave. Not quite manly enough though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you have some questions for the ranger as well? haha :P A fly? Really? I would have takin a shot gun to it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is why I always have my Mantagon handy, NO Kira I did not....I read the instructions >.>

    PSSHH lol

    ReplyDelete