Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 4 – RAWR















SO. Im sorry this is a day late, possibly two by the time I can post this, but where we were staying there was no Wifi for like 50km or something. :S SUCKY. So now it is 5:34 back home but 6:34 here or somewhere near that (dunno the difference between zones from Alberta to Montana). Anyways let me tell you what went down yesterday...














After waking we packed fairly quickly and headed out of the foothills of the Rockies to ranches as far as the eye could see, all of which were pretty boring with the exception of the unnaturally bright yellow Canola fields that stretched on for miles, they were pretty cool.



After a 6 or 7 hour drive we finally got to the Tyrrell museum in Drumheller (the dinosaur museum) which was totally awesome and I bought a wicked new wallet, maybe to be holding one of the 200 plus photos I took in there in the future? :P Then after another drive we ended up at these really cool naturally created outcroppings called Hoodoos so we took a bunch of photos, one of which has me sticking my head out of a small hole from a cave I almost got stuck in…that was dumb.. Anyways the Hoodoos were really wicked and apparently there was this place you could stay about an hour or two away off the highway in the middle of nowhere that had Hoodoos as far as the eye could see all around you with a campground in the middle. So that’s where we went, and after setting up I went on a run for about an hour or so around the campground many times because it was so small and met some people from our destination (Ontario) while I was at it. That night as the light went down the whole place was swarming with bats that would whip right by your head, and the moon was the most eerie and beautiful I had ever seen it around 11 (12 by Alberta time) but only me and my uncle were up so I couldn’t get a hold of my camera to take a photo L. Anyhow, thanks for keeping up with my trip if you have been so I don’t have to tell these stories another million times to different people when I get back. Miss you all, Conrad OVER – and Out.














Song Of The Day

The Dirt (Album : Nervosa)

By: Showbread

Lyrics :

1 comment:

  1. hmm i heard bats like to get tangled up in peoples hair

    ReplyDelete