Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 16 - Reunion Day 1

Well its not pouring here anymore and its not quite hell but its pretty bad by way of mosquitoes... And the weather still isnt great, some of my Omas Nephews and Neices have already shown up and there could be more there now since I came in here. Went on a bike ride this morning but thats about all Ive done.

Here are some funny things I neglected to mention in past posts that I wish I had back when I wrote them.

-First... HAPPY CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!! Or at least Christmas eve in July as tomorrow is the proper day. Everywhere we've gone since we crossed the middle of the U.S. from home we've encountered christmas lights strung across campsites and washrooms, because although its a bit of a joke to those who know of it back home here it is an unwritten holiday, when we were at the one with the golf carts there were even "sleigh rides" on hay wagons and apparently Santa was coming on a tractor.... The upside to this was that I got to watch the Grinch (the real life one) on a big sheet outside in their ampitheatre if only for a couple minutes. Apparently it started in Michigan and is huge there as well as Wesconsin and seems to have made its way here to Lindsay Ontario.

Another thing I found funny was when I overheard my Grandfather state that one of his biggest fears for this trip was that I would fall in love with a pretty girl and try to bring her home LMAO. Then this morning my Auntie Lisa knowing nothing of his fear told me that she feared I would do the same but run away with her in Ontario LMAO.

4 comments:

  1. geeze you and pretty girls? What are we going to do with you when you are more grown up and manly? :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i dont think I quite understand what you mean by that...

    ReplyDelete